This picture shows some of the new artwork that I have been working on. I wanted to do typical Zelda perspective walls earlier but I knew it would take a lot of time to get right. Now I have that time.
So, I’ve decided I’m going to keep working on DiveDive for the time being. I was surprised at how much I accomplished within the limitations of the 7 day challenge, but I still think the game needs a lot of work. There were a lot of bugs in that first release, and some serious balance issues. I have tried to fix the major problems so that I can start moving forward with adding more variety to the base game. The thing with rogue-likes as a genre, is that they are designed to be as replayable as possible. Sadly DiveDive is pretty limited in this regard so far, feeling much more like a linear and finite experience.
Anyway, before I get too verbose. I will just post a new build which improves several aspects of the play experience and fixes some bugs: